It is the participant’s responsibility to check the reservation and ensure that the particulars contained therein are correct.
The participant shall pay Hale ‘Ohana a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit in the sum of 25% (minimum $864) of the total amount due for each person named in the reservation.
The balance monies due shall be paid by the customer to Hale ‘Ohana not less than 1 week prior to the date the retreat begins. Bookings within the last 1 week must be paid in full at time of registration.
Payment can be made via the web site through Paypal or Square, bank transfer, or check. (Checks must be received not later than 14 business days prior to retreat date start.)
If payment of the balance is not received by the due date we reserve the right to cancel the reservation and retain the deposit.
In the event of cancellation by the participant, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund fees, minus the deposit, apply. The deposit is non-refundable, as mentioned in the Deposit Terms:
- Cancellation 2 weeks or less before retreat start date, 0% refund
- Cancellation 2 to 4 weeks before retreat start date, 25% refund
- Cancellation 4 to 8 weeks before retreat start date, 50% refund
- Cancellation more than 8 weeks before retreat start date, 100% refund
Due to teacher cancellations or other situations beyond our control, we reserve the right to change bookings and shall inform the participant as soon as possible. Alternative arrangements will be offered but we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare.
- Hale ‘Ohana cannot be held liable for flight costs.
- Hale ‘Ohana reserves the right to offer discretionary discounts and this does not affect the status of any participants who have paid the full price and no discount will then become due to them.
- The participant shall not use the property except for permitted use and shall not use the property for any offensive, noisy, dangerous, illegal, entertainment, immoral or improper purposes. The participant shall not do anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance to Hale ‘Ohana and its guests, staff or owners. Examples of nuisances or annoyances: loud or abstinent behavior, interruptions during classes or activities, arguing with guests or staff, disregarding quiet hours, outbursts of anger, cursing or swearing/crudely worded language, name calling, disrespecting other guests’ or staff’s property including private quarters or entering without permission, stealing, sabotage, destruction of property, threats and suicidal behavior.
- The participants shall keep all fixtures, fittings, furniture and effects related to retreat properties and activities in a clean and good condition and shall replace any articles which are destroyed or missing with articles of a similar kind and of equal value.
- Hale ‘Ohana reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate a participant’s participation in the retreat and/or any associated facilities or properties in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions. The participant will be required to vacate the retreat and Hale ‘Ohana shall not refund payment or accept any consequential liability damages or loss.
- Hale ‘Ohana retains all copyright licence rights and sole exclusive ownership of the information, photographs and material displayed on its website. The material may not be modified, copied or used in any other way.
- Any user of the website has to be 18 years of age or older and agrees to be entirely financially responsible for all charges and other fees arising from use of the website.
- Hale ‘Ohana accepts no responsibility for keeping the website up to date and will not be liable for any loss by its failure to do so. We are not responsible for the contents of any links displayed on our website.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has all the relevant travel documentation and arrives at the airport in time.
- Hale ‘Ohana can accept no responsibility for delay or cancellation of any flights, train, buses or other forms of transport.
- Hale ‘Ohana reserves the right to alter any facility, accommodation or activity including trainings.at its sole discretion.
- In the event that the participant decides to downgrade their accommodation after monies have been paid, the participant will not be entitled to any refund. If the participant wishes to upgrade the new price will apply.
- The participant must comply fully with all and any health and safety regulations introduced by Hale ‘Ohana. The participant must ensure that he/she is medically, physically, emotionally and mentally fit and able to use any associated facilities and participate in activities. Participants who have injuries or illnesses are advised to seek doctor’s advice if practicing yoga or other physically, mentally or emotionally challenging activities. Hale ‘Ohana is not liable for any injuries to the participant in his/her use of our facilities or participation in activities. Participants are to inform the teacher/staff of any previous injuries. If a customer is feeling any pain or sickness he/she must inform staff/teachers and thereafter stop and rest.
- Hale ‘Ohana cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions or valuables of the participant.
- In the event of a participant having any complaint then he/she will not discuss this with any third party and shall notify the management staff as soon as possible.
- Hale ‘Ohana shall not be liable for any failures beyond its control. This covers natural disasters, war, ‘acts of God’, closure of airports, civil strife, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and subcontractors.
- Hale ‘Ohana accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury or illnesses which may be received during the participant’s stay or travelling to and from Hale ‘Ohana.
- We recommend that all participants have adequate travel, cancellation and medical insurance for the duration of the trip.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by Hawaiian Law and the parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hawaiian courts in all matters regarding them.
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
“Hale ‘Ohana” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from February 16, 2018.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information: * name and job title * contact information including email address * demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests * other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
The Information We DON’T Collect:
Credit/Debit Card Information – all payments are processed through PayPal, Square, who ensure your banking details are never viewed by us.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: * Internal record keeping. * We may use the information to improve our products and services. * We may periodically send promotional emails about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. * From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: * whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes * if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us.